Our favorite comfort foods are often loaded with meat and dairy, but with Amy in the kitchen they dont have to be! In this class Amy will share her childhood favorites veganized! Youll learn surprising swaps for making Mac & Cheese with a homemade sauce so good you wont miss the dairy and prepare a hearty Lentil Shepherds Pie to satisfy your comfort food cravings. Shell finish with a classic and make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for dessert. Click here if you prefer to take this class online.
Vegan with gluten.
About the instructor: Amy worked in the non-profit animal advocacy field for decades before combining her background in education, culinary training, and drive to help farm animals to become a vegan chef. In 2018 she started Rainy Day Vegan to teach others how easy and delicious plant-based cooking is with fun cooking classes around the Seattle area. She has also worked as a chef for the Humane Society of the United States since 2015, developing recipes and leading culinary trainings to food service professionals around the country. Amy loves sharing tips for making vegan versions of traditional food with humor and sprinkles of facts about why its better for us all.
- This is an in-person demonstration class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry. Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Vegan Macaroni and Cheese
- Lentil Shepherd's Pie
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tuesday, February 8, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class