Join Elaine and cook classic Cantonese comfort at its best. With her memories of her mothers cooking, Elaine invites you to cook along with her as you prepare a quick and easy Pork Belly Stew with Fresh Chestnuts. You will learn her method for preparing and peeling chestnuts along with how to stew pork belly to melt-in-your-mouth perfection. Youll then learn how to make a light side of Romaine Lettuce with Oyster Sauce and since no classic Cantonese meal is complete without a bowl of steamed rice, Elaine will show you her techniques for perfect steaming without a rice cooker.
With meat, seafood and gluten; no dairy or eggs.
About the instructor: Elaine was born and raised in Hong Kong, and grew up with authentic Chinese and pan-Asian food. She has lived in Canada and the U.S. for 30 years and has traveled to 50 countries. Elaine left the corporate world after 20 years to focus on her passion for home-style cooking. She is the founder of Dash of Soy, a local Seattle culinary school that focuses on sharing her love for simple, delicious and healthy home cooking inspired by her family and all her travels.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Pork Belly Stew with Fresh Chestnuts
- Cooked Romaine Lettuce with Oyster Sauce
- Steamed Rice