We all know chickpeas are packed with protein and make a delicious and versatile addition to our mealtime routines, but Amy is here to show you theres even more to a can than that! In this class Amy will show you how to spice up your routine with Curried Chickpea Soup and how to use chickpeas to make delicious Chickpea Sweet Potato sliders the whole family will enjoy! And dont toss that leftover chickpea brine! Amy will show you two ways to use the leftover aquafaba to make a delicious Mayonnaise youll want to spread onto everything as well as how to turn it into meringues for a sweet treat. Click here if you prefer to take this class online.
Vegan with gluten.
About the instructor: Amy worked in the non-profit animal advocacy field for decades before combining her background in education, culinary training, and drive to help farm animals to become a vegan chef. In 2018 she started Rainy Day Vegan to teach others how easy and delicious plant-based cooking is with fun cooking classes around the Seattle area. She has also worked as a chef for the Humane Society of the United States since 2015, developing recipes and leading culinary trainings to food service professionals around the country. Amy loves sharing tips for making vegan versions of traditional food with humor and sprinkles of facts about why its better for us all.
- This is an in-person demonstration class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Curried Chickpea Soup
- Chickpea Sweet Potato Sliders
- Aquafaba Mayonnaise
- Aquafaba Meringues
Green Lake Village PCC
Wednesday, December 1, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class