Take home the secrets to authentic Thai cooking! With infinite insight from her childhood in Thailand, Pranee will teach you how to build and balance sweet, sour, salty and spicy flavors. Youll learn how to use these pillars of taste as a base for Phad See Ew and Phad Kee Mao and see just how easy it is to make homemade rice noodles. Pranee will also demonstrate how to make Nam Manoa Anchan (Purple Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade) a refreshing summer sipper. Shell finish with one of Thailands most famous desserts Sticky Rice with Mango!
With meat and eggs; no dairy or gluten.
About the instructor: Pranee learned to cook from her mother and grandmother in Phuket, Thailand. When she came to Seattle, she brought her mortar and pestle and began cooking for friends. She is now a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals and the owner of I Love Thai Cooking, where she teaches, sharing recipes and cooking wisdom. She goes to Thailand yearly to collect and preserve authentic recipes and is working on a cookbook. Pranee says, You dont need to visit Thailand to learn Thai cooking.
- This is an in-person demonstration class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Unvaccinated participants are required to wear a mask during class.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Phad See Ew
- Phad Kee Mao
- Sticky Rice with Mango
- Nam Manoa Anchan (Purple Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade)
Monday, August 16, 6:30 - 8:30 pmRegister for class