Cheesy grits plus savory shrimp equals a match made in taste bud heaven! Tiago will be your guide in crafting this quintessential dish of the American South as he shares tricks for achieving creamy grits and ways to avoid the common pitfall of overcooking shrimp. See how surprisingly simple it is to whip up this seriously satisfying meal any night of the week. Hell finish this classic dish with one of his very favorite sides: Braised Collard Greens with Bacon. Did you think we forgot about dessert? You'll also learn how to make a Southern dessert classic - rich and smooth Butterscotch Pudding!
With meat, seafood and dairy; no eggs or gluten.
About the instructor: Tiago graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 2014. After graduation, he honed his skills as a lead sauté cook for a fine dining establishment. He has been teaching cooking classes for the last several years and has found teaching to be one of the most gratifying experiences of his life. Tiago is also a wine enthusiast and certified sommelier.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class.
- Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Shrimp and Grits
- Braised Collard Greens with Bacon
- Butterscotch Pudding
Thursday, September 30, 6:30 - 8:30 pmRegister for class