Join Elaine as she shares her family secrets to perfecting the ultimate Cantonese comfort foods. In this class youll cook along with Elaine and learn how to build a rich and flavorful Pork and Chestnut Stew with a rich soy sauce gravy. Youll also learn to cook Stir-Fried Tomato and Egg an umami-packed and full-bodied dish. To round out the meal, shell teach you how to build flaky layers for Scallion Pancakes that are pan-fried to crispy perfection on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside perfect for dipping with.
With meat, eggs and gluten; no dairy.
About the instructor: Elaine was born and raised in Hong Kong, and grew up with authentic Chinese and pan-Asian food. She has lived in Canada and the U.S. for 30 years and has traveled to 50 countries. Elaine left the corporate world after 20 years to focus on her passion for home-style cooking. She is the founder of Dash of Soy, a local Seattle culinary school that focuses on sharing her love for simple, delicious and healthy home cooking inspired by her family and all her travels.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks for the full duration of class. All food will be packed to go, so that you can take it home to enjoy later.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Scallion Pancakes
- Pork and Chestnut Stew
- Tomato Egg Stir-fry