Former food truck owner chef Shama knows a thing or two about Indian comfort food. Join her in a celebration of winter greens as you cook along and learn how to make Saag Paneer (Paneer with Pureed Spinach and Dill). Youll learn how to cook with traditional Indian spices to create layers of flavor as well as learn how to prepare Jowar, a sorghum-based puffy bread perfect for scooping up any leftover sauce.
Vegetarian with dairy; no gluten.
About the instructor: Shama joined PCC after a 14-year tech career at Microsoft and a brief but wildly successful stint as food truck entrepreneur. Her truck, Roll OK Please, delighted locals with fresh paneer and kathi rolls and even received national recognition from Anthony Bourdain. Now she shares her passion for food and knowledge of regional Indian cuisine through cooking classes. Shama loves demystifying Indian culinary techniques, and showcasing the incredible diversity of dishes and flavors found in Indian cooking.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Saag Paneer (Paneer with Pureed Spinach and Dill)
- Jowar Roti (Gluten-free Phulka Bread)