Learn how to make curry in a hurry! After this class, you wont need to order takeout every time you crave Thai food. Pranee will show you how to prepare authentic dishes using easy-to-find, store-bought ingredients and fresh, seasonal produce. Watch as she makes Gaeng Daeng Gai (Red Curry Chicken with Bamboo Shoots, Eggplant and Basil) and Phad Prik King Neua (Stir-fried Curried Beef and Green beans with Shredded Ginger and Lime Leaf). Shell demystify traditional Thai herbs and spices, and discuss how to balance sweet, sour, salty and spicy flavors.
With meat, poultry and gluten.
About the instructor: Pranee learned to cook from her mother and grandmother in Phuket, Thailand. When she came to Seattle, she brought her mortar and pestle and began cooking for friends. She is now a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals and the owner of I Love Thai Cooking, where she teaches, sharing recipes and cooking wisdom. She goes to Thailand yearly to collect and preserve authentic recipes and is working on a cookbook. Pranee says, You dont need to visit Thailand to learn Thai cooking.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class.
- Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Gaeng Daeng Gai (Red Curry Chicken with Bamboo Shoots, Thai Eggplant and Thai Basil)
- Phad Prik King Neua (Stir-fried Curried Beef and Green Beans with Shredded Ginger and Lime Leaf)
- Kao Man Kati (Steamed Coconut Jasmine Rice)
Columbia City PCC
Wednesday, November 3, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class