Slow-cooked stews and dishes showcasing the freshest of herbs are a hallmark of Persian cuisine. Join Omid and delve into the culinary traditions of Iran with dishes that are nourishing and full of flavor. In this class youll learn how to make a meltingly tender beef stew and cook with one of falls most underrepresented fruits the quince as well as learning the method for making Kuku Gerdu, a Caspian Sea favorite reminiscent of a frittata. Since no Persian meal is complete without rice, Omid will also demonstrate just how easy it is to make Polo - a classic dish known for it's crispy Tahdig or "bottom of the pot."
With meat, dairy and eggs; no gluten.
About the instructor:
Omid was born and raised in Tehran and spent his early childhood by the Caspian Sea. He has taught culinary classes with PCC for over 15 years, cooked as a private chef and works as a psychoanalyst by day. Omid is excited to share his love of the Persian culture and traditions as he takes you on a culinary journey to experience Irans unique and rich cuisine through storytelling and humorous anecdotes from his childhood.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class.
- Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Khoresh Beh (Beef and Yellow Split Pea Stew with Quince)
- Kuku Gerdu (Walnut and Herb Frittata)
- Polo (Persian Rice with Saffron Tahdig)