Traditionally served with tea or coffee, Pakistani pastries can be sweet or savory and always bursting with flavor. Cook along with Kausar as she teaches you her tips for using storebought puff pastry to fill with creamy chicken and spiced potato and pea fillings as well as make pastry dough from scratch to make tarts filled with zesty lemon curd and dotted with red jam.
With poultry, dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Kausar has over 20 years of experience in South Asian culinary arts. She was born and raised in Karachi, Pakistan where her mother taught her how to cook. She is the author of The Karachi Kitchen, a cookbook featuring classic and contemporary South Asian recipes. Kausar is best known for her work through Kitchen Craft, an organization she founded in 2009 that offers free nutrition and cooking workshops to women and youth in high-risk communities around Karachi, with the goal of promoting healthy eating and hygiene habits amongst impoverished families. The internationally-acclaimed entrepreneur has served as a chef, food stylist, cooking show producer and host, and culinary instructor in Pakistan and the United States.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry. Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Puff Pastries with Creamy Chicken or Spiced Potato and Pea Fillings
- Lemon Tart with Homemade Pastry Dough and Lemon Curd