If youve ever visited New York City youll know that street food culture is a vibrant part of its culture. Join New York native Tiago as he guides you through dishes inspired by his favorite the Halal Cart. Youll learn the importance of marinades while making Halal Cart-style Chicken with Onions and Tomato and how to properly cook a side of Yellow Basmati Rice. Youll make and fry perfectly golden Falafel and top with a drizzle of Garlic White Sauce.
With gluten, poultry, dairy and eggs.
About the instructor: Tiago graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 2014. After graduation, he honed his skills as a lead sauté cook for a fine dining establishment. He has been teaching cooking classes for the last several years and has found teaching to be one of the most gratifying experiences of his life. Tiago is also a wine enthusiast and certified sommelier.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks for the full duration of class. All food will be packed to go, so that you can take it home to enjoy later.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Halal Cart-style Chicken with Onions and Tomato
- Yellow Basmati Rice
- Garlic White Sauce