Master the secrets to Chinese home-style Steamed Vegan Bao! Elaine will show you how to create the fluffy bun dough then craft a flavorful filling using a mix of delicious ingredients chives, shiitake mushrooms, dried tofu, carrots and bean thread noodles. She'll teach you how to combine miso and soy for an umami-filled sauce, cover the pleating technique for the classic Steamed Bao look and share secrets for perfectly steaming your baos. Youll also learn how to make a traditional side of Smashed Cucumber Pickle with Garlic and come away with bonus tips for how to enjoy any leftover filling.
Vegan with gluten.
About the instructor: Elaine was born and raised in Hong Kong, and grew up with authentic Chinese and pan-Asian food. She has lived in Canada and the U.S. for 30 years and has traveled to 50 countries. Elaine left the corporate world after 20 years to focus on her passion for home-style cooking. She is the founder of Dash of Soy, a local Seattle culinary school that focuses on sharing her love for simple, delicious and healthy home cooking inspired by her family and all her travels.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Homemade Bao Dough
- Steamed Vegan Bao
- Smashed Cucumber Pickle with Garlic
Wednesday, December 8, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class