Fried rice is an amazingly versatile and delicious dish perfect for giving common leftovers a second life. Elaine will break down the secret formula and help you avoid common mistakes when making fried rice. Youll cook along with Elaine and learn a special way of adding eggs to create Golden Egg Fried Rice. This elegant dish is popular among high-end Chinese restaurants and uses a technique that coats each grain of rice with egg, resulting in a golden hue and delectable flavor. You will then pair the rice with a classic side: Stir-Fried Chinese Broccoli with Ginger.
Vegetarian with eggs; no gluten.
About the instructor: Elaine was born and raised in Hong Kong, and grew up with authentic Chinese and pan-Asian food. She has lived in Canada and the U.S. for 30 years and has traveled to 50 countries. Elaine left the corporate world after 20 years to focus on her passion for home-style cooking. She is the founder of Dash of Soy, a local Seattle culinary school that focuses on sharing her love for simple, delicious and healthy home cooking inspired by her family and all her travels.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Classic Egg Fried Rice
- Golden Egg Fried Rice
- Stir-fried Chinese Broccoli with Ginger