Mochi is a popular dessert in Asia, best described as a sweet rice dough that comes with a wide array of fillings. Elaine will share her moms secrets for fabulously fluffy mochi that stays soft for days as she makes Mochi with Red Bean Paste. Youll learn to mix the dough traditionally, but Elaine will also show you her time-saving hack! From there, shell demonstrate how to easily wrap the mochi and incorporate different flavors and ingredients from fruit to ice cream for a personal twist.
Vegan and gluten-free.
About the instructor: Elaine was born and raised in Hong Kong, and grew up with authentic Chinese and pan-Asian food. She has lived in Canada and the U.S. for 30 years and has traveled to 50 countries. Elaine left the corporate world after 20 years to focus on her passion for home-style cooking. She is the founder of Dash of Soy, a local Seattle culinary school that focuses on sharing her love for simple, delicious and healthy home cooking inspired by her family and all her travels.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class.
- Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Mochi with Red Bean Paste
- Strawberry-filled Chocolate Mochi
Thursday, November 4, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class