We are so excited to have local baker Charlie Dunmire of Deep Sea Sugar & Salt join us to share her cake expertise! Gather around as Charlie shares the techniques behind creating her beautiful signature cakes. In this demonstration class shell show you how to cut perfectly even Olive Oil Ricotta Cake layers, fill them with a zesty Cranberry Jam, crumb coat and finish with a silky Cream Cheese Frosting. Not only will you learn these decorating secrets, but Charlie will also demonstrate how to make each component as well all while you enjoy a slice!
Vegetarian with dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Charlie Dunmire is the owner and creator of Deep Sea Sugar & Salt, a nationally-known cake shop in Georgetown, Seattle. Since discovering her passion for food early on, Charlie has been baking professionally for over 17 years. The last 10 years have been focused on her true love - cakes - and she is known for her creative flavor combinations that showcase local and seasonal ingredients. In her free time Charlie enjoys reading, open water swimming and hanging out with her dog, Duckie.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class.
- Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Olive Oil Ricotta Cake
- Cranberry Jam
- Cream Cheese Frosting