Love local cake shop Deep Sea Sugar & Salt? Gather with owner and baker Charlie Dunmire as she shares her sweet expertise and demystifies the techniques behind her beautiful bakes! In this hands-on class, Charlie will guide you through slicing, filling and frosting a signature cake. Not only will you learn her decorating secrets, youll also see how Charlie makes each cake component. Students will go home with the confidence to make and decorate their own cakes, and there will be plenty of samples to enjoy!
Vegetarian with dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Charlie Dunmire is the owner and creator of Deep Sea Sugar & Salt, a nationally-known cake shop in Georgetown, Seattle. Since discovering her passion for food early on, Charlie has been baking professionally for over 17 years. The last 10 years have been focused on her true love - cakes - and she is known for her creative flavor combinations that showcase local and seasonal ingredients. In her free time Charlie enjoys reading, open water swimming and hanging out with her dog, Duckie.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class.
- Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Olive Oil Ricotta Cake
- Cranberry Jam
- Cream Cheese Frosting
Columbia City PCC
Tuesday, December 7, 6:00 - 9:00 pmRegister for class