We dont need Valentines Day to make cookies, but it sure is a good excuse to make a batch of freshly baked, sweet cookies that will warm everyones heart. Kids will bake along with Cam and measure, mix and form Chocolate and Vanilla Swirled Shortbread Hearts and make Heart Thumbprint Cookies. Theyll then take their cookies up a notch and make Vanilla Frosting for decorating.
Vegetarian with dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Cam never planned to leave her career as an award-winning journalist, but a life spent cooking and teaching others the joy of it finally proved too irresistible. Cam received her professional culinary training from the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In addition to her work at PCC, she teaches several innovative multidisciplinary cooking classes at Edmonds Heights K-12. Her food writing has appeared in publications including The Boston Globe.
- This is a kids in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom. Ages 8 to 12, kids-only.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry. Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Chocolate and Vanilla Swirled Shortbread Hearts
- Heart Thumbprint Cookies
- Vanilla Frosting