In this festive class, join Paola as she introduces you to the art of Cicchetti. Famous throughout Veneto, Cicchetti are small midday bites often enjoyed with a small glass of wine in traditional bàcari. In this hands-on class you will work alongside Paola as she teaches how to make Polenta Crostini and how to serve it topped with Funghi Trifolati (Sauteed Mushrooms and Thyme) or Rosette di Peperoni (Roasted Red Bell Pepper Rosettes and Capers). Youll also make Bruschette con Formaggio Coprino e Uva al Forno (Goat Cheese Crostini with Roasted Grapes and Honey). Youll finish with a salty-sweet snack of Prosciutto-wrapped Gorgonzola-filled Dates and enjoy your finished Cicchetti with an elegant seasonal Spritz a cocktail famously made with Prosecco originating from the hill outside Venice. Cin cin!
With meat, dairy and gluten.
About the instructor: Paola grew up in Milan in a family devoted to making good food her parents owned a gelato store for 20 years. She spent most of her life in the kitchen cooking with mama and nonna first, and later with her children. When she moved to Seattle, she started matching local ingredients with regional Italian cooking. She travels to Italy every year and visits restaurants and trattorias looking for inspiration.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom. Age 21 and over.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Polenta Crostini with Funghi Trifolati (Sauteed Mushrooms and Thyme) or Rosette di Peperoni (Roasted Red Bell Pepper Rosettes and Capers)
- Bruschette con Formaggio Coprino e Uva al Forno (Goat Cheese Crostini with Roasted Grapes and Honey)
- Prosciutto-wrapped Gorgonzola-filled Dates
- Seasonal Spritz