Ever-popular Chinese dumplings are easier to make at home than you think! Beginning with scratch-made dough, Elaine will break down all the elements for Pork and Cabbage Dumplings, sharing her tips to give you the confidence to prepare these delectable, bite-size delights yourself. You'll learn to roll and wrap your dumplings, mix a traditional marinade for the filling, and master the best techniques for a perfectly pan-fried final product.
With meat, eggs, and gluten; no dairy.
About the instructor: Elaine was born and raised in Hong Kong, and grew up with authentic Chinese and pan-Asian food. She has lived in Canada and the U.S. for 30 years and has traveled to 50 countries. Elaine left the corporate world after 20 years to focus on her passion for home-style cooking. She is the founder of Dash of Soy, a local Seattle culinary school that focuses on sharing her love for simple, delicious and healthy home cooking inspired by her family and all her travels.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class.
- Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Homemade Dumpling Dough
- Pork and Cabbage Dumplings
- Black Vinegar Ginger Dipping Sauce
- Spicy Ponzu Dipping Sauce