When you want pie, but also want to spend less time in the kitchen, look to hand pies and galettes to save the day! Lisa will provide you with her tricks and techniques as she guides you through the process of making Flaky Cream Cheese Pastry Dough that youll use to create your own Apple Hand Pies and Mixed Berry Galettes. Along the way youll also learn the best way to use up that frozen fruit you saved during the summer and tips for successful baking.
Vegetarian with dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Lisa has loved the kitchen for as long as she can remember. While she has experience teaching regular school subjects to kindergartners through sixth graders, as well as cooking and baking professionally, Lisa finds real delight helping people of all ages connect to food. Through her business, The Tiny Kitchen, Lisa works to empower cooks young and old to use great ingredients and transform those ingredients into meals for the whole family. Lisa is a member of the Bread Bakers Guild of America.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry. Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Flaky Cream Cheese Pastry Dough
- Apple Hand Pies
- Mixed Berry Galettes