With its Seattle Soul cuisine, Kristi Browns restaurant Communion is a celebration of her culinary background and the confluence of food traditions rooted in American soul food and her own culinary experiences living in the Pacific Northwest. Join us for an evening of cooking and storytelling as Kristi demonstrates how to make some of Communions favorites Hood Sushi (Cornmeal Crusted Catfish with Tangy Remoulade, Pickled Goodies and Watermelon Hot Sauce) and Pho Like Situation (Classic Pho Spices with Rich Beef Bone Broth, Caramelized Pork Belly and Braised Beef Brisket with Fresh Herbs, Hot Peppers and Sprouts.
With meat, seafood, dairy and eggs; no gluten.
About the instructor: As a 28-year culinary industry veteran, Chef Kristi Brown has done just about everything from working as a dishwasher and prep cook to running her own catering business, That Brown Girl Catering, for nearly a decade. From the beginning, Kristis vision was to focus on the art and experience of food through culinary activism a purpose powered by her mantra Everybodys Gotta Eat. At her restaurant Communion, Kristi serves food rooted in traditional American soul food and influenced by her experiences living in the Pacific Northwest. In May 2021, Condé Nast Traveler named Communion one of the 12 best new restaurants in the world and Kristi has been a featured chef for the James Beard: Taste America series.
- This is an in-person demonstration class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks for the full duration of class. All food will be packed to go, so that you can take it home to enjoy later.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Hood Sushi (Cornmeal Crusted Catfish with Tangy Remoulade, Pickled Goodies and Watermelon Hot Sauce)
- Pho Like Situation (Classic Pho Spices with Rich Beef Bone Broth, Caramelized Pork Belly and Braised Brisket with Fresh Herbs, Hot Peppers and Sprouts)
Columbia City PCC
Monday, January 31, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Green Lake Village PCC
Friday, January 21, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list