Fika is a lot of things sweet treats, warm coffee, and conversation, to name a few. Take a break and enjoy this Swedish cultural tradition with Lisa, who learned it from her grandparents. Students will make their own yeast dough to create fluffy Cardamom Buns, and discover how easy it is to craft lightly spiced crumb cake and zesty ginger snaps goodies worth sharing all season long.
Vegetarian with dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Lisa has loved the kitchen for as long as she can remember. While she has experience teaching regular school subjects to kindergartners through sixth graders, as well as cooking and baking professionally, Lisa finds real delight helping people of all ages connect to food. Through her business, The Tiny Kitchen, Lisa works to empower cooks young and old to use great ingredients and transform those ingredients into meals for the whole family. Lisa is a member of the Bread Bakers Guild of America.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class.
- Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Cardamom Buns;
- Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Snaps)
- Grandma Betseys Crumb Cake
Saturday, October 9, 2:00 - 4:30 pmRegister for class