To build confidence in the kitchen, start by mastering knife skills! In this hands-on class, we'll cover everything you need to know about safe and effective cutting in the kitchen. Build a foundation of knife efficiency, including proper grip, everyday use and professional techniques. You can bring the chef knife you're already familiar with or use one of ours — also covered will be best practices for knife care. Light snacks will be served.
About the instructors: Tiago graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 2014. After graduation, he honed his skills as a lead sauté cook for a fine dining establishment. He has been teaching cooking classes for the last several years and has found teaching to be one of the most gratifying experiences of his life. Tiago is also a wine enthusiast and certified sommelier.
Cam never planned to leave her career as an award-winning journalist, but a life spent cooking — and teaching others the joy of it — finally proved too irresistible. Cam received her professional culinary training from the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In addition to her work at PCC, she teaches several innovative multidisciplinary cooking classes at Edmonds Heights K-12. Her food writing has appeared in publications including The Boston Globe.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks for the full duration of class. Food will be packed to go, so that you can take it home to enjoy later.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
Thursday, January 27, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Monday, January 24, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Tuesday, February 8, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Only 2 spots leftRegister for class
Tuesday, February 22, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Wednesday, January 26, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class