As the temperature drops, we all start looking for ways to cozy up. Join Paola to put an Italian spin on comfort food with some of her favorite fall dishes. She'll demonstrate two classics: creamy Risotto con Verza, Gorgonzola e Noci (Risotto with Savoy Cabbage, Gorgonzola cheese and Walnuts), and Pollo Arrosto con Mostarda ed Erbe (Roasted Chicken with Herbs and Mustard). For dessert, she'll prepare Pere al Vino Rosso (Pears Poached in Red Wine and Warm Spices). Click here if you prefer to take this class online.
With poultry, dairy and eggs; no gluten.
About the instructor: Paola grew up in Milan in a family devoted to making good food her parents owned a gelato store for 20 years. She spent most of her life in the kitchen cooking with mama and nonna first, and later with her children. When she moved to Seattle, she started matching local ingredients with regional Italian cooking. She travels to Italy every year and visits restaurants and trattorias looking for inspiration.
- This is an in-person demonstration class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class. Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Risotto con Verza, Gorgonzola e Noci (Risotto with Savoy Cabbage, Gorgonzola Cheese and Walnuts)
- Pollo Arrosto Con Mostarda ed Erbe (Roasted Chicken with Herbs and Mustard)
- Pere al Vino Rosso (Pears Poached in Red Wine and Warm Spices)
Thursday, November 11, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class