Join Tiago and discover two iconic Portuguese dishes inspired by his fathers cooking. First up: Caldo Verde, or Portuguese Green Soup with Kale and Potatoes. Youll learn how to build this traditional soup from stock to finish. Next, youll learn to make a dish that combines the best of both land and sea: Carne de Porco à Alentejana (pork and steamed clams). Finally, end on a sweet note as Tiago shows you how to prepare his favorite childhood dessert Pastéis de Nata, world-famed Portuguese custard tarts. Youll craft the dough and custard base, assemble the tarts and bake them to perfection.
With meat, seafood, dairy, eggs and gluten.
About the instructor: Tiago graduated from the Culinary Institute of America in 2014. After graduation, he honed his skills as a lead sauté cook for a fine dining establishment. He has been teaching cooking classes for the last several years and has found teaching to be one of the most gratifying experiences of his life. Tiago is also a wine enthusiast and certified sommelier.
- This is an in-person hands-on class offered in a PCC classroom.
- Only fully vaccinated individuals, with the last vaccine being given more than 14 days prior, may attend this class.
- Proof of vaccination (your vaccination card or a photo) and a current ID must be shown upon entry.
- Class participants are required to wear masks when not consuming food or beverages.
- Class materials will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- In-person classes are not eligible for member promotional offers.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Caldo Verde (Portuguese Green Soup with Kale and Potatoes)
- Carne de Porco à Alentejana (Pork and Steamed clams)
- Pastéis de Nata (Portuguese Custard Tarts)
Tuesday, October 12, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class