Members: $50.00, Non-members: $55.00
Chef, dairymaid and cheese maker Jackie Freeman will be your guide for a fast-paced cheese-making workshop. In a small group setting, we’ll work together to create Buttermilk Cheese; Queso Blanco; Ricotta; and Fresh Mozzarella. Jackie will discuss the basic principles of cheese making, including equipment use and care, ingredients and supplies. We will taste the results in class and discuss more recipes to try at home. Vegetarian with dairy; no eggs or gluten. (Please note: the 3/10 Issaquah date in the print catalog has been changed to 3/12.)
Green Lake Village PCCAdd to waiting list
Sunday, January 27, 1:00 - 3:30 pm
Burien PCCAdd to waiting list
Sunday, February 10, 1:00 - 3:30 pm
Edmonds PCCAdd to waiting list
Sunday, February 24, 2:00 - 4:30 pm
Issaquah PCCAdd to waiting list
Tuesday, March 12, 6:30 - 9:00 pm
- Cancellation Policy: Refunds or class credit will be given in full if you cancel your registration at least seven days before the class, or if a class is cancelled.
- Out of respect for people with chemical sensitivities, we ask that fragrances and scented products not be worn in class.
- For your comfort, you may want to dress in layers; classroom temperatures fluctuate when ovens and stoves are in use.
- For hands-on classes, you are welcome to bring an apron. Please wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes.
- You will usually receive 4 to 5 nice bites of each recipe prepared in class. We recommend eating a light meal or snack before class, as most samples are generally served towards the end of class.
- Need to find a store location? View stores.