Bring your family together for special holiday tamales! Join Sarah as she takes you step by step through the process, starting with mixing masa harina into a flawless tamale dough. Using red and green fillings to capture the spirit of the holiday season, Sarah will fill, form and steam two festive varieties: Pork with Tomatillo Sauce and Roasted Peppers and Cheese.
With meat and dairy; no eggs or gluten.
About the instructor: Sarah worked in the restaurant industry for 10 years and has experience cooking as a personal chef, teaching cooking classes for kids and working in local farmers markets. Before becoming a mother, she spent time traveling through South and Central America, where she worked in several different restaurant kitchens, including staging at Pujol in Mexico City. With a bachelor's degree of Science in Nutrition and Culinary Arts from Bastyr University, and drawing on her Mexican heritage, Sarah has a love and foundation for whole foods cooking using local and seasonal ingredients while sticking to traditional methods and techniques.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class link and recipes will be sent four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to one week prior to class.
- Tamales with Pork and Tomatillo Sauce
- Tamales with Roasted Peppers and Cheese
Monday, November 22, 5:00 - 6:30 pmRegister for class