The holiday season conjures memories of warm kitchens, flour-dusted counters and tantalizing aromas. For Lisa, it also means day-long cookie-baking adventures rooted in the traditions of the Swedish Fika. Join her for a family-friendly bake-along as she shares some of her favorite treats from the great bakes of her childhood: Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies, Grandma's Date Filled Cookies, Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Snaps), and Whole Grain Shortbread.
With dairy, eggs, and gluten.
About the instructor: Lisa has loved the kitchen for as long as she can remember. While she has experience teaching school subjects to elementary students, as well as cooking and baking professionally, Lisa finds real delight helping people of all ages connect to food, empowering them to transform great ingredients into deliciousness for the whole family. When she’s not teaching, Lisa is busy bringing sourdough bread and other pastries, all made from locally-grown, locally-milled flours, to area Farmer’s Markets. Lisa is a member of the Bread Bakers Guild of America.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Pepparkakor (Swedish Ginger Snaps)
- Grandma's Date Filled Cookies
- Whole Grain Shortbread
- Chocolate Peppermint Sandwich Cookies
Sunday, December 18, 10:00 - 12:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Columbia City PCC
Saturday, December 10, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Sunday, December 11, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, December 9, 11:00 - 1:00 pmRegister for class
Monday, December 12, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class