Chocolate is an incredibly complex food - both to make and to taste. In this class with Chocolatier Joanna Dwyer youll learn about one of our favorite ingredients and foods: Chocolate! From bean to bar, Joanna will give you the knowledge and background you need to truly appreciate chocolate and the process it takes to get to you. Youll spend class trying your hand at the art that the Swiss and Italians have been harnessing for centuries: Chocolate making. While making deceptively simple chocolate bars, Joanna will teach you the foundational skills required to work with chocolate, like tempering and molding; as well as more general candy making techniques like caramel making. Come with a love for chocolate, and leave with a deep appreciation.
With dairy and nuts.
About the instructor: Joanna Lepore Dwyer is a chocolate maker, pastry chef, and artist. She is passionate about creating culinary experiences to encourage connections between individuals and where their food comes from! She holds a certificate in sensory science from The Institute of Food Technologists, a BFA in Sculpture, and 20+ years’ experience in fine pastry, chocolate making, and culinary training in NYC and Seattle including a 10-year stint at Theo Chocolate as head of Product Development.
When she is not helping national chocolate brands develop new products and training QC teams in sensory science, she works with a colleague under the moniker A Matter of Taste to incorporate culinary experiences into Corporate and Non-Profit professional development agendas.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Make Your Own Truffle Bar
- Dark Chocolate with Freeze-Dried Strawberries and White Chocolate Swirl
- Milk Chocolate with Pretzels and Caramel Drizzle
- Dark Chocolate with Cashew Butter Praline Swirl
Saturday, June 10, 3:00 - 5:00 pmRegister for class