Seattle-based food writer and KNKX radio personality Nancy Leson is an Asian-food lover convinced that a pantry full of Asian condiments, canned goods, dried noodles, and other staples, plus a stack of great cookbooks, is a sure way to travel without a passport. Together, well make Pork and Shrimp Jiao-zi dumplings, including learning to make the dough. Nancy will demonstrate how to use the same dough to make hand-cut noodles to serve with flavorful vegetable stir-fries and share a bonus recipe for China Moon Hot Chili Oil.
With meat and seafood.
About the instructor: Nancy Leson thinks cooking is fun and easy, and she’s here to prove it to you. The Seattle-based food writer and radio personality has been cooking since she was a kid and learned much of what she knows about food during her first career, waiting tables at some of the country’s finest restaurants. You may know her as "the mouth that scored" for the better part of two decades as the restaurant critic and food columnist for the Seattle Times and as a food commentator for NPR member station KNKX. These days, when she’s not busy in her favorite room in the house, her kitchen, you’ll find her teaching cooking classes, hosting food tours, and Goodwill-hunting for cookbooks and kitchenware. She is also helping to end hunger, one loaf at a time, as a neighborhood-coordinator for the non-profit baking brigade Community Loaves (ask her about it!). Find Nancy at www.nancyleson.com.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Pork and Shrimp Jiao-zi Dumplings
- Hand-cut Noodles with Vegetable Stir-fry
- China Moon Hot Chili Oil
Saturday, April 1, 10:00 - 12:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Friday, April 14, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Green Lake Village PCC
Wednesday, April 5, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list