Handmade pasta can seem intimidating, but its easier and more approachable than you think. Cook along with Chef Carol in this lively pasta workshop as you learn to make four hand-shaped varieties no pasta machine required! The dough comes together with just semolina and water, and the pasta can be formed using your hands and a butter knife. Make cencioni, orecchiette, cavatelli, and malloreddus and then top your favorite shape with fresh tomato basil sauce and plenty of parmesan to finish. Once you master these techniques, you can have your kids, family, and friends get involved, pasta for all!
About the instructor: Chef Carol received a BS at the University of Illinois in Hotel Restaurant Management, an Associates in Culinary Arts at the Culinary Institute of America-NY, and a Masters in Hospitality and Tourism Management at Roosevelt University.
After working for various restaurant groups in Chicago, she went on to teach Culinary Arts at the Illinois Institute of Art - Chicago for 12 years as an Associate Professor. Carol and her partner moved to Seattle in 2016 to run a program teaching engineers to cook for a tech company.
Carol enjoys the outdoors and when the weather permits, you'll find her on the hiking trails and camping whenever possible. She is always thinking about what her next meal is and loves to cook for family and friends.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Fresh Pasta
- Fresh Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Fresh salad with an easy balsamic vinaigrette
Columbia City PCC
Saturday, June 24, 10:00 - 12:00 pmAdd to waiting list