With incredible innovations in vegan dairy, it is possible to make vegan puff pastry that is just as good (or better!) as its dairy counterpart. In this class, Pastry Chef Marianna will guide students through making a flavorful dough from gluten-free flour, making a butter block, and then laminating the two together. Then youll use homemade puff pastry in savory and sweet pastries, including Curried Potato, Tofu, Vegetable Turnovers and Apple and Almond Frangipane Pithiviers. Vegan and gluten free.
About the instructor: Marianna is a pastry chef and Washington native who grew up in the central part of the state. After several years in the veterinary industry, Marianna switched careers and now teaches cooking all around the Puget Sound and as far east as Snoqualmie. Marianna focuses on technique-driven classes and loves to demystify the cooking and baking process and its associated sciences.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Curried Potato, Tofu, and Vegetable Turnovers
- Apple and Almond Frangipane Pithiviers (French pastries with a signature spiral design)
Saturday, March 25, 10:00 - 1:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Thursday, March 23, 5:30 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Sunday, March 12, 12:00 - 3:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Saturday, March 11, 10:00 - 1:00 pmRegister for class
Thursday, March 9, 5:30 - 8:30 pmRegister for class