Ages 8 to 12
It's time to fill up the cookie jar! Join Cam as she takes kids on a tour of cookies from around the world. Kids will learn the basic techniques for putting together classic cookies from measuring and creaming to rolling out dough and getting the perfect bake.
Vegetarian with eggs, dairy and gluten.
About the instructor: Cam never planned to leave her career as an award-winning journalist, but a life spent cooking — and teaching others the joy of it — finally proved too irresistible. She received her professional culinary training from the Cambridge School of Culinary Arts in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In addition to her work at PCC, she teaches several innovative multidisciplinary cooking classes at Edmonds Heights K-12, covering everything from world folklore and history to science and environmental policy. Her food writing has appeared in publications including The Boston Globe. Follow her on Instagram: @hummingbirdculinary.
- This is a hands-on format class for kids only.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Mexican Wedding Cookies and Mantecaditos (Puerto Rico)
- Kolaczki (Poland) and Alfajores (Argentina)
- Palmiers (France) and Priyaniki (Russia)
- Vietnamese Pig-Ear Cookies and Homemade Fortune Cookies (U.S.)
Day 1: Tuesday, July 5, 10:00 - 12:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Wednesday, July 6, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 3: Thursday, July 7, 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Day 4: Friday, July 8, 10:00 - 12:00 pm