Ages 10 to 15
India is full of unique flavors and cooking techniques, and Shama is here to introduce them to young chefs! Theyll cook along and learn about the diverse foods and traditions that have been passed down through centuries. Kids will kickstart their palates by learning to season dishes using spices that are unique to the various regions within India and pick up lasting skills along the way, such as proper knife handling and kitchen safety.
With dairy, eggs and gluten. Contains poultry with vegetarian options.
About the instructor: Shama joined PCC after a 14-year tech career at Microsoft and a brief but wildly successful stint as food truck entrepreneur. Her truck, Roll OK Please, delighted locals with fresh paneer and kathi rolls and even received national recognition from Anthony Bourdain. Now she shares her passion for food and knowledge of regional Indian cuisine through cooking classes. Shama loves demystifying Indian culinary techniques, and showcasing the incredible diversity of dishes and flavors found in Indian cooking.
- This is a hands-on format class for kids only.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Curried Chicken or Potato Salad Sandwiches; Mango Lassi
- Saag Paneer with Store-bought Naan
- Chicken or Paneer Tikka Masala with Steamed Rice
- Whole Wheat Roti Burritos
- Jeera Rice; Daal Tadka
Day 1: Monday, July 18, 11:00 - 1:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, July 19, 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, July 20, 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, July 21, 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, July 22, 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Day 1: Monday, July 25, 11:00 - 1:00 pmRegister for class
Day 2: Tuesday, July 26, 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Day 3: Wednesday, July 27, 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Day 4: Thursday, July 28, 11:00 - 1:00 pm
Day 5: Friday, July 29, 11:00 - 1:00 pm