When cooler temperatures keep us indoors, look no further than to Pranee to keep us cozy with hearty Thai dishes. Pranee will walk you through some of her favorite Southern Thai dishes and the traditional seasoning philosophy of salty, sweet, sour, and spicy and how to prepare her favorite Thai ingredients as she guides you through Satay Neua and Nam Jim Satay (Beef Satay and Peanut Sauce) with a flavorful and refreshing cucumber salad, Ajard. Shell show you just how easy it is to make your own curry at home with Gaeng Kari Gai (Yellow Curry Chicken with Potatoes) and how to serve it with a unique rice presentation of Kao Aud (Pressed Rice).
With meat and poultry; no dairy, eggs or gluten.
About the instructor: Pranee learned to cook from her mother and grandmother in Phuket, Thailand. When she came to Seattle, she brought her mortar and pestle and began cooking for friends. She is now a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals and the owner of I Love Thai Cooking, where she teaches, sharing recipes and cooking wisdom. She goes to Thailand yearly to collect and preserve authentic recipes and is working on a cookbook. Pranee says, You dont need to visit Thailand to learn Thai cooking.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Satay Neua and Nam Jim Satay with Ajard (Beef Satay and Peanut Sauce with Cucumber Salad)
- Gaeng Kari Gai (Yellow Curry Chicken with Potatoes)
- Kao Aud (Pressed Rice)
Wednesday, December 1, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class