Most of us consider chocolate a decadent dessert, but chocolate in any form is packed with health benefits too. In this class, registered dietitian, nutritionist and cookbook author Carly Knowles will explain the culinary and medicinal applications of cacao, and how it differs from cocoa and other forms of chocolate. She will help you identify quality cacao and cocoa, and you will learn to incorporate both into two nutrient-dense recipes: Chocolate-Rose Macadamia Nut Milk and Chocolate Buckwheat Cookies.
Vegetarian with eggs; no gluten.
About the instructor: Carly Knowles, MS, RDN, LD is a masters-educated Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Postpartum Doula. She specializes in holistic postpartum care for new mothers and families including nutritional counseling and private chef services. She recently published her first cookbook The Nutritionists Kitchen: Transform Your Diet and Discover the Healing Power of Whole Foods that focuses on seasonal whole foods to nourish good health and bring joy. Carly continues to offer virtual health and cooking classes, food and nutrition writing, and recipe development and nutrition consulting for healthy food and cookware brands.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Chocolate-Rose Macadamia Nut Milk
- Chocolate Buckwheat Cookies
Thursday, January 20, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class