With the days getting shorter and cooler, keep cozy by learning to prepare this meal highlighted by the bounty of the fall harvest. Youll work with Chef Ben to prepare a crisp salad with pickled apples, learn to braise and infuse flavor into Poulet à la Normande, and bake an Apple cake with maple caramel that will leave you bobbing for more.
With poultry, dairy, eggs, and gluten.
About the instructor: Chef Ben Leonard brings together cooks from around the world to bond over cooking fresh, delicious, healthy food (with a good helping of food puns sprinkled on). He believes that our lives are made better through our relationship with food and cooking - making for greater connections with ourselves, loved ones and communities.
Born and raised in central Maine, Ben has taken the flavors of his youth and built on them with a global perspective. For many years he worked his way up the ranks in one of Maine’s most celebrated restaurants before moving to Los Angeles and taking on the local food scene there. After working with renowned chefs in Los Angeles, he became the Resident Chef at Sur La Table in the Los Angeles area where he ran one of the most successful cooking programs in the company. Now living in Seattle with his husky, Graham, Ben has spent the last two years teaching thousands of people across the country and the world to cook via live, interactive, online cooking classes.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Crunchy Fall Salad with Pickled Apples
- Poulet à la Normande (Chicken Normandy)
- Apple Bourbon Cake with Maple Caramel