As a mealtime favorite any time of day, the arepa is a staple of Venezuelan and Colombian cuisine. Cook side by side with Yary as you learn how to make these comforting corn-based cakes that can be enjoyed with multitudes of delicious toppings. Youll make the dough from scratch and use it to create Arepas Colombianas with Hogao Colombiano (Colombian Créole Sauce), as well as Arepa de Choclo, a sweet corn arepa from Columbia. To round out the menu you'll make a stuffed version with carnitas and pickled onion.
With meat and dairy; no gluten.
About the instructor: Yary Oslund is a Cuban national who came to the United States in 2003. She acquired her love and respect for food from her mother, who has been a chef for 40 years. Trained at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Seattle, Yary shares her passion for cooking natural foods while giving students an unforgettable culinary experience. Yary also graduated as a Functional Nutrition Therapy Practitioner in 2001 and currently advises her clients on the nutritional value of food and different styles of eating.
- This is a demonstration format class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen or Zoom screen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students whether or not you can attend live. Class information will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Arepa Paisa (Colombia ) topped with hogao (creole sauce) and quail egg (optional), GF
- Arepa de Choclo (Colombia) sweet corn Colombian style corncakes, topped with Farmers' Cheese GF
- Arepas Stuffed with Pork carnitas, pickled onion, and avocado (Venezuela)
Wednesday, March 1, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class