With its Pacific coastline and dizzying mountains, Peruvian cuisine is an eclectic mix of native and immigrant cuisine. In this class, Yary will highlight some of Perus most famous dishes and use its most traditional ingredients including rice, lamb, and Aji Amarillo Peruvian Yellow Chili Pepper - to make three dishes. Shell demonstrate how to properly prepare lamb and vegetables for roasting and broiling and give tips for picking the freshest ingredients.
About the instructor: Yary Oslund is a Cuban national who came to the United States in 2003. She acquired her love and respect for food from her mother, who has been a chef for 40 years. Trained at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Seattle, Yary shares her passion for cooking natural foods while giving students an unforgettable culinary experience. Yary also graduated as a Functional Nutrition Therapy Practitioner in 2001 and currently advises her clients on the nutritional value of food and different styles of eating.
- This is a demonstration format class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen or Zoom screen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students whether or not you can attend live. Class information will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Arroz Cremoso con Setas (creamy mushroom rice )
- Aji amarillo (yellow Peruvian pepper) Aioli
- Herb-crusted and Pan-roasted Lamb Chops
- Glazed Carrots and Parsnips
Wednesday, February 15, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class