This class is the perfect way to learn tips and tricks for creating an easy holiday meal, or any Sunday dinner. Ben will share strategies for pulling together a stress-free meal, from how to perfectly roast chicken, to crafting a rich, lump-free mushroom gravy with lots of umami. Along the way you'll learn techniques that will carry you through the holidays and into your everyday cooking. This class is great for those with a family of diverse eating styles, all the sides are vegetarian, gravy included.
With eggs, dairy, gluten and poultry.
About the instructor: Chef Ben Leonard brings together cooks from around the world to bond over cooking fresh, delicious, healthy food (with a good helping of food puns sprinkled on). He believes that our lives are made better through our relationship with food and cooking - making for greater connections with ourselves, loved ones and communities.
Born and raised in central Maine, Ben has taken the flavors of his youth and built on them with a global perspective. For many years he worked his way up the ranks in one of Maine’s most celebrated restaurants before moving to Los Angeles and taking on the local food scene there. After working with renowned chefs in Los Angeles, he became the Resident Chef at Sur La Table in the Los Angeles area where he ran one of the most successful cooking programs in the company. Now living in Seattle with his husky, Graham, Ben has spent the last two years teaching thousands of people across the country and the world to cook via live, interactive, online cooking classes.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Roasted Whole Chicken and Mushroom Gravy
- Brown Butter Parsnip Puree
- Maple Roasted Winter Squash
- Thyme Popovers