Eastern Thailand is known for grilled meats and spicy salads, seasoned with fresh herbs, different from the curries of Bangkok. Join Pranee, a Thailand native, as she takes you on a discovery trip to learn Isan Thai favorites. Learn to marinate and grill pork and the secrets of jackfruit cookery. Work with green papaya and learn how to make Som Tum the traditional way. Steam sticky rice (Kao Neow) and you'll fall in love with the cuisine and the flavors simultaneously.
With meat and seafood.
About the instructor: Pranee learned to cook from her mother and grandmother in Phuket, Thailand. When she came to Seattle, she brought her mortar and pestle and began cooking for friends. She is now a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals and the owner of I Love Thai Cooking, where she teaches, and shares recipes and cooking wisdom. She goes to Thailand yearly to collect and preserve authentic recipes and is working on a cookbook. Pranee says, “You don’t need to visit Thailand to learn Thai cooking.”
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Muu Yang (Grilled Pork with Jaeo pepper dipping sauce)
- Som Tum (Green Papaya salad with lime-peanut dressing)
- Larb Khanon (Young Jackfruit salad with toasted sesame and mint)
- Kao Neow (Steamed sticky rice)
Thursday, August 10, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Thursday, August 3, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, August 12, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Tuesday, August 1, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class