Experience the captivating flavors of dates in our culinary adventure exploring the naturally sweet and versatile fruit. Originating from the Middle East and North Africa, dates take center stage in our delightful dishes, making it a perfect choice for a date night. Enjoy the savory Walnut-Stuffed Sautéed Dates in Saffron Crème Fraiche, discover the harmony of Duck Breast with dates and Red Wine Pan Sauce, and indulge in the moist and rich Sticky Date Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce. Join us for an immersive class, learning the art of incorporating dates into both sweet and savory dishes for a memorable date night.
With poultry, dairy, and nuts.
About the instructor: Jane Hall is passionate about the home economy of cooking and baking, sustainable practices in the kitchen, health, wellness and delicious things for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She began working in the food industry at age 13 in a bakery and never looked back. After many years in bakeries and cafes, both front and back of house, she worked as a chef for a small software company. Having successfully raised her child on kale and goat cheese she is full of the desire to help others be creative in the kitchen while being mindful of the budget. In addition to teaching, Jane spends part of her time working at FareStart.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Walnut-stuffed dates in saffron creme fraiche
- Duck Breast with dates and red wine pan sauce
- Sticky date cake with salted caramel sauce
Thursday, October 12, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, October 27, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Friday, October 6, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, October 20, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, October 21, 4:00 - 6:00 pmAdd to waiting list