With memories of her grandmothers cooking in her native Cuba, Yary continues to celebrate the New Year with her favorite fish dishes. In this class youll learn how to make traditional Frituras de Camarones (Shrimp Fritters) and Yary will share her techniques for pan frying them to golden perfection. Youll learn how to craft sofrito, a flavorful building block of many Cuban dishes and shell show you how to incorporate it into a rich sauce for Pescado Enchilado con Patatas y Espinaca (Fish with Spiced Tomato Sauce with Potatoes and Spinach).
With seafood; no meat, dairy, eggs or gluten.
About the instructor: Yary Oslund is a Cuban national who came to the United States in 2003. She acquired her love and respect for food from her mother, who has been a chef for 40 years. Trained at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts in Seattle, Yary shares her passion for cooking natural foods while giving students an unforgettable culinary experience.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Frituras de Camarones (Shrimp Fritters)
- Pescado Enchilado con Patatas y Espinaca (Fish with Spiced Tomato Sauce and Spinach)
Wednesday, December 29, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class