Cast iron cookware has been a mainstay in kitchens for hundreds of years and for good reason! After mastering a few simple tricks for using and maintaining cast iron, youll be set for a lifetime of incredible meals. Explore cast irons versatility with Chef Ben as he teaches searing and baking to make Smokey Bacon Mac and Cheese, Smothered Pork Chops, and an Apple walnut bread pudding. You'll learn how to make mornay and a pan sauce that is sure to elevate every home-cooked meal.
With dairy, eggs, meat, and nuts.
About the instructor: Chef Ben Leonard brings together cooks from around the world to bond over cooking fresh, delicious, healthy food (with a good helping of food puns sprinkled on). He believes that our lives are made better through our relationship with food and cooking - making for greater connections with ourselves, loved ones and communities.
Born and raised in central Maine, Ben has taken the flavors of his youth and built on them with a global perspective. For many years he worked his way up the ranks in one of Maine’s most celebrated restaurants before moving to Los Angeles and taking on the local food scene there. After working with renowned chefs in Los Angeles, he became the Resident Chef at Sur La Table in the Los Angeles area where he ran one of the most successful cooking programs in the company. Now living in Seattle with his husky, Graham, Ben has spent the last two years teaching thousands of people across the country and the world to cook via live, interactive, online cooking classes.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Smokey Bacon Stovetop to Oven Mac and Cheese
- Red Eye Gravy Smothered Pork Chops with Sauteed Greens
- Apple and Walnut Bread Pudding
Monday, March 13, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Friday, April 21, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, April 8, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Friday, March 10, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, March 25, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class
Green Lake Village PCC
Thursday, March 30, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Tuesday, April 25, 6:00 - 8:00 pmRegister for class
Saturday, April 29, 4:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class