Indulge your passion for chocolate with Chef Amanda, a seasoned chocolate professional with a rich background working at esteemed chocolate establishments like Recchiuti Confections and Frans Chocolates. You'll delve into the fascinating world of chocolate, gaining insights into its composition, deciphering the significance of cocoa percentages, and understanding why they matter. As an extra treat, Chef Amanda will introduce you to the delicate process of crystallizing chocolate, also known as tempering, to elevate your chocolate creations to a whole new level. Join us for a chocolate-filled adventure that will leave you not only with a deep appreciation for this delectable delight but also with the confidence and knowledge to dive into the art of working with chocolate.
About the instructor: Chocolatier and Pastry Chef Amanda Snouffer has more than 20 years of experience in chocolate, baking and pastry. She has worked and taught with some of the world's most talented and respected chefs, as well as managing large artisan chocolate production in San Francisco and Seattle. She loves teaching and sharing her passions with others. She also teaches ceramics and enjoys combining the fine arts with culinary arts.
- This is a demonstration format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Various chocolates tasted in their original form
- Chocolate Ganache
- Hand-Rolled Chocolate Truffles