Dim Sum is one of the most traditional and popular Cantonese foods. Translated, Dim Sum means a touch of your heart, a name believed to come from a Chinese folk tale in which an ancient Chinese General asked a local chef to prepare local, heart-warming, snacks as a token of his appreciation. While the historical accuracy of this tale is unknown, what we do know is that the name fits! There is nothing like sharing a dim sum meal to warm the heart and tantalize the taste buds. In this class taught by Chef Winnie, a Hong Kong Native, learn how to hand-shape Shumai dumplings, fill and fry spring rolls to crispy perfection, and properly steam spare ribs to make a delicious, heart-warming, dim sum meal in your own home.
With eggs, meat and shellfish.
About the instructor: Born and raised in Hong Kong, Winnie inherited her love of food and cooking from her father, a food adventurer. Her passion for sharing culinary knowledge led her to earn an Education and Home Economics degree and become a secondary school teacher.
After moving to the U.S., she continued teaching at culinary schools, specializing in Asian cuisine and pastry arts. A lifelong learner, she has completed several baking and cake decoration programs and has international instructor qualifications for cake decoration and handcrafts in the U.S., Canada, and Hong Kong.
Winnie loves challenging herself and has participated in international cake competitions, winning “Best in Show” awards. The best part of participating in these events was meeting talented peers, developing friendships, and having the opportunity to share culinary and artistic passions. As an instructor, Winnie loves to share this knowledge and stories with all of her students.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Shumai- Pork and Shrimp Chinese Dumpling
- Stir-fried Mixed Vegetables Filling
- Deep-fried Vegetarian Spring Roll
- Steamed Spareribs with Black Bean Chili Sauce
Friday, June 23, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Columbia City PCC
Friday, June 16, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list
Saturday, June 10, 4:00 - 6:00 pm
Only 1 spot leftRegister for class
Thursday, June 8, 6:00 - 8:00 pmAdd to waiting list