Join pastry chef Zola to explore her favorite British springtime desserts. Learn how to make a quintessential light and airy Victoria Sponge cake. Discover Lemon-Honey Posset, a rich, creamy pudding that is fun to make and eat! Build a Rhubarb and Custard Trifle that will be a showstopper for your next gathering. Together with Zola, you will learn baking fundamentals that will build your confidence with British desserts in no time.
With dairy and eggs.
About the instructor: Zola was born and raised in Seattle by a family that loves to cook. She spent her early years cooking alongside her great-grandmother whom she credits as her greatest inspiration both in the kitchen and out. In 2016 she was offered a job as a pastry chef after making a wedding cake for her Aunt and Uncle and went on to gain experience in all manner of pastries and desserts from Italian gelatos to Parisian croissants. Though Zola has worked professionally as a pastry chef and baker, she maintains that her true passion is her role as a home cook and finds real reward in helping others find success in their own kitchens. When she's not teaching she spends her time writing, listening to history podcasts, and cooking extravagant meals for her family.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Rhubarb and Custard Trifle
- Victoria Sponge with Roasted Strawberries
- Lemon-Honey Posset with Fresh Berries
Saturday, June 10, 10:00 - 12:30 pmAdd to waiting list
Friday, June 9, 6:00 - 8:30 pmRegister for class
Columbia City PCC
Saturday, June 17, 10:00 - 12:30 pmRegister for class