When it comes to comforting nourishment, look no further than Bone Broth. As a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and postpartum doula, cookbook author Carly Knowles is often asked about bone broth how to make it, why its beneficial, and its overall efficacy. In this class she will explain how to make bone broth at home using both stovetop and Instant Pot methods. Shell show you what to look for in picking out quality bones and how to extract the most flavor by making two distinct types of broth Chicken Bone Broth with Lemon and Turmeric and Beef Bone Broth with Mushrooms and Rosemary.
With meat and poultry; no dairy, eggs, or gluten.
About the instructor: Carly Knowles, MS, RDN, LD is a masters-educated Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Postpartum Doula. She specializes in holistic postpartum care for new mothers and families including nutritional counseling and private chef services. She recently published her first cookbook The Nutritionists Kitchen: Transform Your Diet and Discover the Healing Power of Whole Foods that focuses on seasonal whole foods to nourish good health and bring joy. Carly continues to offer virtual health and cooking classes, food and nutrition writing, and recipe development and nutrition consulting for healthy food and cookware brands.
- This is a demonstration class offered live online via Zoom.
- One spot in class is good for one kitchen. A recording will be sent after class to all registered students. Class materials will be emailed four days before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Online classes are nonrefundable. You can request a transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class.
- Chicken Bone Broth with Lemon and Turmeric
- Beef Bone Broth with Mushrooms and Rosemary
Tuesday, November 30, 5:00 - 6:00 pmRegister for class