When the Seattle sun shines summertime flavors are top of mind. Build your skills in learning methods to sear salmon that retain moisture and pack flavor by learning to sear salmon with cherry tomatoes and summer squash. Experience bright summer vegetables in orzo pasta salad with basil and arugula pesto. And Chef Bens favorite, transforming cornbread into a sweet strawberry shortcake with honey thyme whipped cream. From the oven to the grill, make your summer meals quick and easy so you can spend more time outside.
With dairy, eggs, nuts and seafood.
About the instructor: Chef Ben Leonard brings together cooks from around the world to bond over cooking fresh, delicious, healthy food (with a good helping of food puns sprinkled on). He believes that our lives are made better through our relationship with food and cooking - making for greater connections with ourselves, loved ones and communities.
Born and raised in central Maine, Ben has taken the flavors of his youth and built on them with a global perspective. For many years he worked his way up the ranks in one of Maine’s most celebrated restaurants before moving to Los Angeles and taking on the local food scene there. After working with renowned chefs in Los Angeles, he became the Resident Chef at Sur La Table in the Los Angeles area where he ran one of the most successful cooking programs in the company. Now living in Seattle with his husky, Graham, Ben has spent the last two years teaching thousands of people across the country and the world to cook via live, interactive, online cooking classes.
- This is a hands-on format class for adults.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Orzo Pasta Salad with Basil and Arugula Walnut Pesto
- Seared Salmon with Cherry Tomatoes and Summer Squash
- Grilled Cornbread Strawberry Shortcake with Honey Thyme Whipped Cream
Friday, June 9, 6:00 - 8:30 pm
Only 3 spots leftRegister for class
Wednesday, June 21, 6:00 - 8:30 pmAdd to waiting list
Columbia City PCC
Thursday, June 22, 6:00 - 8:30 pmAdd to waiting list
Friday, June 30, 6:00 - 8:30 pm
Only 1 spot leftRegister for class