Ages 8 to 12. Usher in spring with scrumptious cupcakes, muffins, and brownies all made with vegetables! Some of our favorite baked goods use vegetables for color, flavor, texture, and nutrition. Vegetables are so versatile and so much more than their savory preparations. Youll learn tips for making batters, piping techniques and how to incorporate seasonal vegetables into delicious baked treats. These satisfying treats taste like the real deal; no one will ever guess they are loaded with real food!
With dairy, eggs and nuts.
About the instructor: Shawna is a former cook and baker, turned homeschool mom. After graduating culinary school, Shawna worked in several of Seattle's most acclaimed restaurants where she honed her culinary skills and developed a passion for Northern Italian cuisine, Middle Eastern cuisine, baking and pastry. These days, Shawna utilizes those professional skills in her home kitchen where she makes everything from butter to fermented foods, to multi-layer cakes and elaborate dinners. In the classroom Shawna looks forward to sharing her experience and knowledge to inspire the next generation of young chefs and bakers!
- This is a hands-on format class for kids only.
- Class information will be emailed 48 hours before class. Our emails can get caught in spam filters or blocked entirely, please contact us if you don't receive the class information.
- Cancellation Policy: Classes are nonrefundable. If you cannot attend, you can request a class credit or transfer to a different class up to 7 days prior to class or have someone attend in your place.
- Beet Brownies
- Carrot Cupcakes with Brown-Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
- Zucchini-Olive Oil Muffins
Thursday, March 23, 11:00 - 1:00 pmRegister for class